23 March 2020 Update
To: All Parents/Carers
It is with deep regret that we must continue to place restrictions on social contact and associated restrictions for this dreadful pandemic that is changing our lives in the way we live it.
The staff of this school must be protected along with the students and parents as we are required to remain open (message today from the Government) until further notice.
That means that we need to take drastic measures to protect our students and staff by social distancing and further measures – these apply as of Tuesday 24 March 2020:
- Students will be dropped off in the mornings at the gates –
the Kindy and Pre-Primary students will be collected by teachers from the main entry gate to the Kindy/PP area (look for sign on the gate)
- the rest of the school students will enter through the gates as normal – we ask that parents DO NOT enter with their children – please drop them at the gates where the students will find their way to their classrooms – we will have Admin Staff available to assist students if required.
- Afternoons are problematic at present – we ask that until further notice, students are collected from their classrooms while parents exercise social distancing from each other and students as much as is possible – look for signs at each classroom –or make alternate arrangements in the afternoon for your family.
- The library will be closed as of Tuesday 24 March – no home borrowing will be available – this also applies to classroom libraries.
- Parents wishing to access the Front Office will need to do so by phone or email only – we will not be open for front office enquiries or business as of Tuesday 24 March.
- Parents must only contact teachers/staff by phone or email as of today – no one-on-one or group meetings will be held
- Children who are sick or have appointments, will be released to parents at the front door of the office – staff will sign in and out children late or who need to go home ill.
- No visitors will be allowed on site unless they are for urgent services and even then, they will be strictly supervised until off site.
- Practice social distancing at all times when coming near the school or in public places
- Ensure that hand washing is exercised very often. Do not allow yourself to touch your face and ask your children to do the same – less contact, less risk
- All music lessons after school will cease as of today – that means no bands, no instrumental lessons by private musicians.No work packs will be made available as yet until instructed by the Department of Education.
- NO lunch orders will be taken as of Tuesday 24 March
- Kindy and Pre-Primary students are asked to bring in a clean hand towel every day from Tuesday 24 March as washing these weekly and using common hand towels is not to continue beyond today.
- For absentees please use the School App or SMS 0417 984 196
While we understand that these measures may be difficult or problematic for you, remember that what we are trying to do is keep your children and our staff safe. Please stick to these measures as they have been carefully designed to protect everyone.
We need your help as much as possible to maintain a calmness and a sense of confidence in our community’s ability to get through these times together and without spread of the virus.
Thank you and may we all remain healthy and in good spirits.