Affirmation ∼ “The support of truth takes integrity.”
Dear Parents/Care Givers,
People have the right to say and write what they wish – that does not make it true. Opinions of dissatisfaction are just that. This school holds very strong social values as its foundation for growing a “village of children” ready for the world’s society. Thank you for being such a strong and supportive community for what we believe in – we are not just great at academia – we also listen and support children to be the best they can be in every way. Our recent Dept of Education Public School Review highlighted that fact as “exceptional” – these are the words of objective outside bodies, not school staff. Please read the whole Review in our website pages.
Year 5 Poetry Slam
Our Year 5 students on Wednesday showed just what great students can do when challenged. They produced some fantastic Poetry which they shared as a whole year level. I was luck enough to be a part of the judging panel and I must say that we are in good hands when it comes to being able to express their feelings and attitudes. Thank you, teachers of the great teaching that goes into students being able to produce such quality poems. Well done, Year 5 students.
· Thanks to the P&C for the fantastic DISCO last Friday night. It was a wonderful celebration of fun and music and staff, students and families enjoyed the night out. Thank you to the P&C for their tremendous efforts in making it one of the best ever DISCOs. We love the work you do. Thanks to Michelle, Mel and Team.
· Parents will be receiving Student Reports this term – please make sure you ask your child’s teacher all relevant questions you may have for improvement or progress next term.
· Claire Orange was unfortunately unable to deliver on her talk with our parents due to family reasons. She will be doing the sessions next term and we will keep you posted on date and time. I know many of you were looking forward to the sessions as she is a wonderful speaker with an impactful message.
· Their Care (Out of School Care) move into their new location next week. we wish them the very best in looking after our children. Please remember that the company operates from their own set of rules and policies. The school provides the capacity for them to operate based on the spaces we have available and not anymore. This has been created as a joint decision with the Dept of Education and the school.
· The Senior students are given the opportunity to develop their resilience, quality growth potential and “readiness for high school” as a mandate from the Principal of this school many years ago, and so we develop students who are struggling personally, socially or emotionally with being ready for the very different nature of secondary education. Each of us has a role to play in the development of these students and each does so with total transparency but with extreme sensitivity to the confidential nature of this support for each child.
· Donut sales on Monday by P&C
· School Cross Country next Wednesday
· PJ Day for Dog Shelter next Friday – come along in your favourite PJ’s
THOUGHT: “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
We are now taking bookings for Kindy 2024. If you have a child born between 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020, you can enrol now. Please call us on 6258 9350 to make an appointment. Applications close Friday 21 July 2023.
PJ Day is Friday 23 June.
Come in your pyjamas, bring a gold coin donation and you will be helping to fundraise for the Dog shelter.
Carrie in room 19 MAC Mr Kaempf’s class has won the 2023 -Aspiring Young Author Awards First Prize under 12’s. Carrie won a certificate and $100. Her story ” From an Acorn” will be published in the November issue of SHOWCASE Literary Magazine.
What a wonderful achievement Carrie, well done.
Allen in Year 2 and his brother Lucas in Year 5 performed at the UWA music theatre.
Allen soldiered on with his solo piano performance at the Royal Schools Music Club annual under-18 concert despite having 12 stitches on this forehead two days prior.
Lucas also performed at the concert and both boys played extremely well.
Allen achieved Distinction on his grade 4 piano performance exam and Lucas achieved Distinction on his grade 6 piano performance exam early this year.
Congratulations boys on an amazing performance.
Lucas, Year 5 and Allen, Year 2 at their piano performance held at the University of Western Australia
At Caladenia, we love showcasing our students’ sporting achievements and events, as well as any other interests that they would like to share with our Caladenia Community.
If you have something your child would like to share, please email along with photos to the email address below:
Year 1 Room 10 – Miss Jacobsen
This term in Room 10 we have been exploring under the sea. We have learned about crabs, written a report on sea turtles and read the book Mr Seahorse by Eric Carle. In design and technologies, we investigated how people use big ships to move rocks and grains around the world. Now we are working on designing our own boats to help some teddies cross the ocean!
Year 4 Room 29 -Mr Chandler
In our Year 4 science lessons this term, we have been exploring the fascinating world of material properties. Throughout our investigations, we have delved into various aspects such as insulating abilities, absorption and repulsion, as well as the characteristics of materials when subjected to snapping, tearing and stretching. An experiment that we conducted three weeks ago involved burying different materials in cups, and recently, we revealed the outcomes by tipping them out. The results were both intriguing and thought-provoking, sparking meaningful discussions about decay and the environmental concerns associated with plastic materials.
The last day for Book Club orders for Issue 4 is Today (Friday June 16). Orders are online only.
The P&C are selling Donuts at 2.30pm on the following Fridays….
16 June and
$2 each at the gates
Term 3 Car Park Raffle
Raffle tickets will go on sale next week to win a car bay for Term 3. Notes will be sent home Monday and the raffle will be drawn
Friday 30 June.
Our 2023 Caladenia disco last Friday night was a huge success with approximately 750 attendees over 3 sessions. It was so wonderful to see children, siblings and families beaming with joy and dancing the night away.
A very big thank you to all the children who came along, all the parent and teacher volunteers alongside our incredible deputies and P&C who gave time out of their evenings to help us ensure a smooth and fun filled disco for all.