Affirmation ~ “Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.” – Chinese Proverb
10 February 2023
Dear Parents/Care Givers,
To all the new parents and children to Caladenia in 2023, we warmly welcome you. It was nice to have met some of you this week at the Welcome to Caladenia BBQ and Meet the Teacher Sessions. To our existing children and parents, welcome back to an exciting and event-filled calendar of fun and enjoyment, both in and out of the classroom.
As a whole staff, we met to discuss how we might get over COVID restrictive practices and “free ourselves” to fun and healthy mindful activities that will allow us all to form a strong bond once again. We have forgotten how to have fun and we believe COVID forced us to detach from each other. It is now time for us all to talk, act and plan together for the benefit of our children at Caladenia.
Good luck, everyone. Here’s hoping for a wonderful year for us all.
The school community sends its warmest condolences to the Baynes family for their sad loss. We will support the family in every way we are able. Our thoughts are with you all.
As the Government keeps reminding us to protect ourselves from various strains of COVID, it is a timely reminder that it has not gone away as people are still badly affected by it in Intensive Care at hospitals. Whenever you can,
- Wear a mask inside buildings where there are many people
- Do not come to school if you are unwell with sniffles, coughs or flu-like symptoms as we normally do during times of flu outbreaks
- Wash hands and sanitize at all times
The school will continue to wash down and sanitize our school facilities with daytime cleaners to minimize outbreaks. We will also continue to remind our students to wash and sanitize all the time.
As you are aware, at the end of last year, we installed hand dryers in student toilets to minimize risk of infections and placed air purifiers in all internal heavy traffic areas including the Sick Bay.
- Mr Mackay, Principal of Perth Modern School rang today and congratulated us on having 18 successful students enter Perth Mod in 2023. His comments were
- “Your school must be doing some extraordinary teaching for 18 Caladenia students to be successful in getting into Perth Mod for 2023. That just does not happen from any primary school in the State. Please pass on my sincere congratulations to your staff for preparing students so well for high school and for the excellent standards and quality you expect from your students.”
- We are proud of our students and staff. Many of our students are each year taken into special program secondary colleges – these colleges seek out our students.
- It is with great pride that I can inform you that we are being considered as one of only a few Centre for Excellence Schools in the State to support the development of Quality Teaching and Teaching for Impact initiative.
The Executive Team will join the Directors from the Dept on WebEx on Friday 3 March 2023 at 12.15pm to discuss our involvement in this systemic initiative. I feel very proud for you as it is the whole school that is being recognized. This is a huge milestone for us as a quality school and I am thrilled that we are being considered as one of these CfE Schools.
- NAPLAN this year has been changed to Term One Week 7 and 8. This change has been set by the Dept of Education and National Government
- Please check your Term Planner 2023 on the Caladenia website for all activities and important events.
As a staff, we are looking forward to an exciting and fun-filled 2023. With proposed parent/school events, we are hoping that the year will be filled with some joyous activities and community spirit building with our wonderful Caladenia P&C.
Keep well, everyone. Have a great weekend.
THOUGHT: “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” Margaret Mead
Welcome Back to School Event
On Tuesday, 7 February we held our ‘Welcome Back to School’ Event. Lots of families and teachers joined the event and stopped by for a sausage sizzle and chat. It was great to see so many families all enjoying being back at school. Everyone enjoyed the sausage sizzle and chance to catch-up. We have included some photos to share from the day.
We would like to thank Bakers Delight Willetton and Market City Meats in Canning Vale for their support on the day.
We look forward to the coming year and enjoying more events with our Caladenia Family.
At Caladenia, we love showcasing our students’ sporting achievements and events, as well as any other interests that they would like to share with our Caladenia Community.
If you have something your child would like to share, please email along with photos to the email address below:
School Stream App
Welcome back to our class articles.
Year 5 Room 39 – Mr Elliott
We have made an outstanding start to our time in Room 39. We have been completing lots of activities to help students get to know each other, build confidence and develop resiliency skills in our classroom. One such activity was a STEM task last week, where students were given materials and were asked to build either a ‘Pom Pom Launcher’ or a ‘Marble Run.’ Here is some of their creative work.
School Board, P&C News and Community News
School Health Nurse
Welcome to the new school year. My name is Robyn Brown and I am the School Health Nurse who visits your school.
School Health Nurses work in schools to promote healthy development and wellbeing so students may reach their full potential. A major part of my work is focused on early intervention and the School Entry Health Assessment program. Additionally, I can be contacted at any time throughout primary school if you have concerns about your child’s health, development or wellbeing.
School Health Nurses serve as a health contact point for children and their families, providing information, assessment, health counselling and referral. They also work in partnership with schools to support teachers in health-related curriculum and can assist in the development of health care plans for students with complex and chronic health needs.
The services provided are free and confidential.
Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 9258 8053 or 0418 914 086
School Phone Number
0417 984 196
Excelsior Dental Therapy
30 Kembla Way, Willetton 6155
School starts at 8.30am
School finishes 2.30pm
Monday to Friday
8.00am – 4.00pm
For payments please see the front office. We accept cash, EFT and Direct Deposit